Conway League of Artists Program Meeting
Time: 6:30 PM
Location:Faulkner County Library
6:30 Social Time and Refreshments
6:45 Announcements-President Marilyn Rishkofski
Guests-thank you for celebrating Valentine’s Day with us
Thanks to all who brought refreshments
Reminder to Vote for Art of the Month-and stay for photo after the meeting
Reminder to $1 Donations for Dorris Curtis Scholarship Fund
Pen set was donated by Sue DuVall
Amount in the scholarship Fund is now over $300
Congratulations to top 3 highest sellers at Art Pray Love fundraiser for the Medical Mission trip to Guatemala
Virginia Potter Verdeveld
Website-Member Directory Information-this month’s featured artist is Susan Peterson. You can be a featured artist if you send us your information. Information on this is available at the reception table.
Spring Show is planned:
Guidelines and registration forms were handed out to members
Announcement was made that the CLA Board voted to spend $1200 on new display panels.
The following is the official announcement of the upcoming show and sale
Conway League of Artists
Spring Show 2018
March 31-April 28
Faulkner County Library
- The Spring Show is open to all current members.
- Entry fee (payable to The Conway League of Artists) is $10 for one or two entries and must accompany the completed registration form.
- Entries must have been completed within the past 2 years.
- All artwork must be submitted clean, properly matted and framed, behind glass (if appropriate) with a wire for hanging. Gallery wrapped Artwork must have painted edges.
- Maximum size of art work displayed on panels is 24 x 36. If a larger work is submitted, the artist must supply his/her own easel.
- 3- D work must be stable and displayed on a stand provided by the artist if needed.
- Entries must be acceptable for public viewing.
- Previous winning entries from prior shows will not be eligible.
- Entries must remain on display for the entire length of the show.
- Artwork must be identified with an attached label including the title of work, name of artist, contact information and purchase price.
Delivery of artwork….Saturday March 31….10 AM and noon
Pickup of artwork…Saturday April 28…10 AM and noon
7:00 February Meeting 2/14 Valentine’s Day
Speaker Brian Young Director of the Baum Gallery at UCA
Slides of student work from the BA/BFA program
And Student Competitive Exhibition
This presentation is meaningful to CLA members since the League donates yearly to the UCA Foundation through the Dorris Curtis Scholarship Fund that helps and art student continue their studies in art education.
7:45 Announcement of:
Winner of Art of the Month-3 way tie for 1st place
Winner of Dorris Curtis Donation-Pepper Adams Henthorne
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM