6:30 SOCIAL TIME AND REFRESHMENTS
Thank you members for providing snacks and drinks.
Meeting called to order at 5:30 PM by President, Marilyn Rishkofski
President Marilyn Rishkofski’s Report:
- Dorris Curtis Poem Challenge continues. Choose an original poem and illustrate for the competition that will be held on the January 2018 member meeting. The entry fee is $10 per poem and the winner will receive half of the entry fee and the other half will be donated to the Dorris Curtis Scholarship Fund.
- Thank you Carol Stroud for hosting the Vilonia field trip. It was a great way to enjoy art and get together!!!!!
- Thank you Virginia Potter Vredeveld and Sue DuVall for representing CLA at the open house at the Faulkner County Historical Museum.
President Virginia Potter Vredeveld’s Announcements:
- Art of the Month: voting will go back to paper for more privacy.
- Faulkner County open house was lots of fun. Next year Conway League of Artists can prepare and plan on attending. There were lots of children at the open house so we can have some hands on art activities for everyone to be involved.
- Surgical Center Becky Thornton’s artwork is currently being displayed and Virginia Potter Vredeveld’s work will be next.
- There will be a potluck and gift exchange at the December 13th Member Meeting!!!!!!
- If you want to participate in a gift exchange bring something ORIGINAL, handmade, and wrapped. Through the years at the Christmas potluck so many gifts have been exchanged through CLA that are still cherished!!!!
- Please bring a dish of your choice.
- Virginia Vredeveld will be bringing the table service.
- Marilyn Rishkofski will be bringing drinks.
Dusty Higgins is a sequential and digital artist. He is also an award winning magazine newspaper cartoonist and illustrator. He is an art instructor in the Department of Art and Design at the University of Arkansas in Little Rock. Dusty’s earliest recollection of being an artist was in 2nd grade when he was scolded for drawing on his class work. From that point forward he knew his passion was art. He has spent many years being a digital artist. The fundamentals of art are still used with the computer but it saves a lot more time for mass producing sequential art. He shared two of his books he illustrated. The first was Pinocchio, it is a graphic novel for teens. The second is Miles Taylor Golden Cape, this book is great for the reader that loves graphics and it also helps transition them to a more traditional text. Thank you Dusty Higgins for enlightening us with all the new and awesome digital art techniques. We also appreciate all the books you signed and gifted us!!!!!!
Dorris Curtis Scholarship Raffle:
Thank you Susan Peterson for donating 2 ceramic paint brush holders. Karen Samuhel was the lucky winner of the raffle.
Art of the Month:
Nathan Terry’s artwork “Broken” was voted for and selected as art of the month. Nathan is a new member at the Conway League of Artists. His art was a shadow box displaying unique and different items that were broken and unusable. Everything was painted in cohesive metallics. Nathan’s artwork can be viewed at the Faulkner County Library.